An important line of defense for the ones you love
Not too long ago, carbon monoxide detectors were only for people who had sophisticated alarm systems in their homes. Today most every family is aware of the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning and have at least one CO detector in their home. The smartest families have CO detectors installed on every level of their home, including one next to their heating equipment. This is the safest way to protect your family from deadly carbon monoxide poisoning.
Dryer Vent Cleaning
Almost 16,000 Residential Fires Each Year Involve Lint-Clogged Dryer Vents
According to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, these clothes dryer fires result in 20 deaths, 370 injuries and over $75 million in property damage each year. The main culprit? Dryer lint.
The steady, silent accumulation of fabric particles that get beyond your lint screen will not only decrease your dryer's performance, it creates a fire hazard. Cleaning your lint trap after every load will slow this process, but cannot prevent it. As your vent gradually becomes caked with lint, your dryer's airflow decreases. This not only prevents your dryer from drying as it should, it can cause it to overheat and ignite the highly flammable lint.
Astar Heating & A/C, Inc. has invested in the proper tools to clean your dryer vent quickly and without the mess.
If you haven't cleaned or checked your vent in the last four years, you should do it now.